PetCulture Membership Rewards Program - Terms & Conditions
These Terms set out the basis on which you can participate in PetCulture’s membership rewards program. By creating an Account and/or accessing rewards from the Program, you agree that you have read, understood and will be bound by these Terms.
Definitions and interpretation
In these Terms:
- Account means the account you create with PetCulture online by subscribing to become a Member of the Program.
- Australian Consumer Law means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and any equivalent State or Territory legislation.
- Consumer has the meaning provided to it in section 3 of the Australian Consumer Law.
- Hollard means The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (ABN 78 090 584 473, AFSL 241436)
- Insurance Products means any insurance products that you may be entitled to purchase on or through our Website or which you may be entitled to attain as a benefit or reward under our Membership Program.
- Member means an individual who has created an Account, using an email address for the Program and whose Membership has not been terminated in accordance with these Terms. Membership has a corresponding meaning.
- Payment Method means a current, valid, method of payment accepted by PetCulture, as may be updated from time to time, and which may include payment through your bank account with a third party.
- PDH Goods or Services means goods or services which, for the purposes of the Australian Consumer Law, are of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption.
- PetCulture means Pet Culture Group Pty Limited ACN 644 613 098 of 1 Woolworths Way, Bella Vista NSW 2153. Us, we or our also refers to PetCulture.
- PetSure means PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 95 075 949 923, AFSL 420183).
- Program means the subscription-based membership rewards program offered by PetCulture to customers that sign up as Members, including, without limitation, the following Membership tiers:
- Silver; and
- Website means the PetCulture website accessible at www.petculture.com.au or any other replacement or alternative website used by PetCulture from time to time.
The Membership Rewards Program
How do I become a Member?
- You can become a Member by registering for an Account.
- If you are under 18 years old, then you must have consent from a parent or guardian to register an Account. Your parent or guardian must read and consent to these Terms and may, if required by PetCulture, need to provide further evidence of consent to the registration of the Account.
- You are eligible to be:
and otherwise comply with all requirements for the relevant Membership tier under these Terms.
- We may change the eligibility criteria for each Membership tier from time to time and we will notify current Members of any changes.
What rewards and benefits do I get?
- Each Member will be entitled to the rewards and other benefits associated with their Membership tier, being:
- We may change these rewards and benefits from time to time and we will notify current Members of any changes.
- You can also find specific details about your Account and your Membership tier by clicking on the details of your Account.
- From time to time we may publish on our Website additional terms that apply to your Membership and the Program (including, but not limited to, the specific eligibility criteria, rewards and benefits for each Membership tier).
Commencement and cancellation
When does my Membership commence?
- Your participation as a Member in the Program will commence from:
- for Bronze Membership - the date of your Account registration; or
- for Silver Membership - the date you spend $50 or more in a 30 day period on PetCulture products or services at www.petculture.com.au and register for an Account;
- For Gold Membership - from the date we first received the Membership fee from you (or from the date of application of a complimentary month of Membership if you are entitled to this).
What if I want to cancel or downgrade?
- You may choose to cancel or downgrade your Membership at any time by email@example.com in accordance with clause 10.1.1. You will remain liable for any unpaid amounts relating to your Membership;
What happens if my Membership lapses?
- If your Silver or Gold Membership lapses due to non-payment (Gold) or due to failure to spend $50 in a 30 day period (Silver), or you elect not to continue coverage at the particular Membership tier after a complimentary month, then you will be returned to the Bronze Membership tier.
Your Membership Account
- A Member's Account may only be used by the Member in whose name the Account is registered or one family member who is validly added to the Account.
- PetCulture is not liable for any unauthorised use of a Member's Account, rewards, username or password by third parties, nor are we liable for unauthorised use of any reward code sent to a Member.
- If you do not purchase any PetCulture products or services through your Bronze Membership Account for 24 months, then you will be contacted and encouraged to do so to prevent your Account from expiring. If you do not purchase any PetCulture products or services within one month of being so contacted, PetCulture will automatically close your Account and any accrued rewards and other entitlements will be forfeited.
Earning and redeeming rewards
How can I earn or redeem rewards under the Program?
- Only Members of the Program can earn and redeem rewards and other benefits and will do so in accordance with these Terms (including the specific terms relating to each Membership tier).
- PetCulture may at any time change the products, benefits or offers advertised as rewards for any Membership tier on PetCulture’s website. PetCulture will endeavour to notify Members of any such modifications or changes.
- Any monetary or other value attributed by PetCulture to any reward is correct as at the time of publication, but PetCulture accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of any rewards.
- If any reward (or part of any reward) offered under this Program is unavailable, PetCulture may substitute the reward (or that part of the reward).
- All expenses incurred by a Member as a result of earning or redeeming a reward from the Program are the responsibility of the Member.
- Additional rewards and entitlements may be offered in PetCulture’s sole discretion. PetCulture may also offer special promotional plans or memberships offered by third parties in conjunction with the provision of its own products and services, as part of the Program. We are not responsible for the products and services provided by third parties, including products and services referred to in clause 6 to the extent provided by third parties.
- Some Membership tiers or offers as part of the Program may have additional or different terms and conditions, which will be disclosed to you at the time of signing up to the relevant Program or in communications made available to you (via email or your Account).
- PetCulture, in its sole discretion, may:
- verify the validity of proposed redemptions of rewards or other benefits by a Member or any individual purporting to be a Member; or
- suspend access to, or terminate, an Account,
if it reasonably suspects that:
- a Member or individual purporting to be a Member is tampering with or subverting the rewards redemption process; or
- a rewards redemption request is submitted that is not in accordance with these Terms.
VetChat and Insurance Products
- All services provided by VetChat as part of the Program are subject to VetChat’s terms and conditions (available at www.vetchat.com.au/terms-and-conditions).
- All Insurance Products provided as part of the Membership Program are issued by Hollard, and administered by PetSure, with PetCulture acting in its capacity as an authorised representative of PetSure. Pet Culture is authorised by PetSure to provide general advice and to provide certain functions relating to the collection of premiums and information.
- All Insurance Products are subject to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (available at:
- Whilst your Membership may entitle you to make an application for cover under an Insurance Product, the decision as to whether or not you will receive such cover rests with PetSure and/or Hollard, and PetCulture cannot guarantee that you will receive such cover. In particular, cover will not be provided where the criteria set out in the relevant Product Disclosure Statement is not satisfied. For example, any pet under 8 weeks old or any pet which is a banned or illegal breed in Australia will not be covered. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement for full terms and conditions.
Payment and billing
- To be a valid member of the Program, you must provide us with one or more Payment Methods.
- Unless you terminate your Membership in accordance with clause 10.1.1 before your billing date, you authorise us to charge the applicable Membership fee for the next billing cycle to your Payment Method 48 hours prior to the start of the next month. You authorise us to charge any Payment Method associated with your account in the event that your primary Payment Method is declined or no longer available to us for payment of your Membership fee.
- The Membership fee (if any) for the relevant Membership tier and any other charges you may incur in connection with your Membership, including any taxes and transaction fees, will be charged to your Payment Method on the specific billing date indicated on your Account page. In some cases your payment date may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paid Membership began on a day not contained in a given month. You can click on the ‘Billing details’ link on your Account page to see your next payment date.
- If a Membership fee or other payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds or otherwise, and you do not cancel your Account, we may suspend your Membership until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. You remain responsible for any uncollected amounts.
- For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Local tax charges may vary depending on the Payment Method used. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
Auto Delivery (subscription)
- As a Member you can set up an Auto Delivery through your Account and have selected PetCulture products delivered to you on a subscription basis.
- In setting up an Auto Delivery, you can choose:
- the products to be delivered by Auto Delivery (to the extent those products are available for Auto Delivery at the time); and
- the frequency of the delivery of those products, provided that the frequency must be a selected number of weeks not less than 2 weeks and not more than 26 weeks.
- Products you order through Auto Delivery may be subject to a discount on the listed price of the product, with the amount of any discount to be set by PetCulture from time to time and subject to change. PetCulture will endeavour to notify Members of any such discounts and changes.
- You may unsubscribe to an Auto Delivery through your Account at any time provided that payment has not been processed for your next auto order. You authorise us to charge any Payment Method associated with your account in the event that your primary Payment Method is declined or no longer available to us for this payment.
How is my privacy protected?
- PetCulture collects personal information in order to conduct the Program and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers and rewards suppliers.
- All verified Members will receive communications from PetCulture via email displaying your Membership level, and from time to time, information and offers. Members may receive personalised offers depending on what PetCulture thinks you will enjoy. For this reason one Member’s offer may be different to another.
What happens if something goes wrong?
- PetCulture will not be held responsible for any tax liability incurred by you as a Member in connection with the Program, including in relation to any reward, discount or entitlement offered.
- PetCulture will not be held liable for any communication to you as a Member that is late, lost or misdirected for any reason, including but not limited to, spam filters operating on your email account or other system configuration problems.
- If you are a Consumer, PetCulture acknowledges that you may have certain rights under the Australian Consumer Law in respect of the guarantees provided under Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law (Consumer Guarantees) and nothing in these Terms should be interpreted as attempting to exclude, restrict or modify the application of those rights.
- If you are a Consumer and any goods or services supplied to you by PetCulture are non PDH Goods or Services, PetCulture’s liability to you in connection with any breach of the Consumer Guarantees in respect of those non PDH Goods or Services is limited (at PetCulture’s discretion) to the cost of re-supplying the goods or services or repairing, or paying the costs of repairing, the goods.
How may you cancel your Membership?
- You may choose to cancel your Membership of the Program by firstname.lastname@example.org with immediate effect. You remain liable for any unpaid or uncollected amounts, including in accordance with clause 7.1.2.
- For the avoidance of doubt, if you choose to cancel your Membership under clause 10.1.1 and, as part of your Membership, you:
- pay a monthly Membership fee, you will not be entitled to a reimbursement of the Membership fee for the calendar month in which you chose to cancel your Membership; or
- pay an annual Membership fee, you will not be entitled to a reimbursement of the Membership fee for the calendar year in which you chose to cancel your Membership.
When will PetCulture terminate your Membership?
- Without limiting PetCulture’s other rights under these Terms, and to the extent permitted by law, PetCulture may terminate your Membership with immediate effect by written notice to you if you have breached any term or condition of these Terms and, if the breach is capable of remedy, you have not remedied the breach within 24 hours of notice requiring the breach to be remedied.
Effect of termination
- If these Terms are terminated, then:
- each party is released from its obligations under these Terms, other than those in clauses 7.1.2, 9 and 10; and
- each party retains any rights, entitlements or remedies it has accrued before termination, including the right to pursue all rights or remedies available to either party at law or in equity.
- We will generally send you information relating to your Account (e.g. payment authorisations, invoices, changes in password or payment method, confirmation messages, notices) by email to your email address provided during registration of your Account.
- If you need to contact us you can also do so by email@example.com.
- If there is any inconsistency between the following documents, then the following order of priority applies to determine which provisions prevail to the extent of the inconsistency:
- These Terms are to be read in conjunction with, and subject to, any additional terms and conditions governing any particular reward, promotion, discount or offer operated by PetCulture. In the case of any inconsistencies, and unless otherwise specified, these Terms will prevail.
- PetCulture may amend or vary these Terms by written notice to you through the email address provided by you on your Account registration or through a suitable announcement on PetCulture’s Website.
- You may not assign your rights or obligations under these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms is void, invalid or not enforceable in accordance with its terms, it is:
- to be read down, if possible, so as to be valid and enforceable and will otherwise be capable of being severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability without affecting the remaining provisions of these Terms or affecting the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction; or
- if unable to be read down, then to be severed to the minimum extent required and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- All terms implied by law, except those that cannot be lawfully excluded, are excluded.
- No provision of these Terms will be construed to the disadvantage of us merely because we were responsible for the preparation of these Terms or the inclusion of the provision in these Terms.
Jurisdiction and governing law
- These Terms are governed by the laws in force in New South Wales and you submit to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and the Federal Court of Australia and any courts that may hear appeals from those courts about any proceedings in connection with these Terms.